Saturday 14 December 2013

Amar makruf, nahi mungkar.

السلام عليكم

Hola! How is everybody? I hope everyone is well. To those in Malaysia, I hope everything is well in your hometown, especially those in Pahang, Johor, Kelantan, & Terengganu, I hope your place isn't flooded, & if it is, May Allah ease your burdens, ameen. 

Okay, now, on to my rant.

Brothers and sisters, please, I have seen it happening too many times now. What is it? It's this "argument" between 2 groups of people: one who voices out their opinion about something being wrong, & the other who says it's wrong that we're judging.

“You are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah.” [Surah al-’Imran 3:110]

Amar makruf, nahi mungkar.

Together, as an ummah, we have to remind each other that something is wrong, and something is right.

And, for the record, I don't agree with either of those 2 groups. For those saying that, "OMG! That is so haram, you're gonna burn in hell for that!" Or, the best examples are the ones I see on Instagram, "Is that hijab?" "This is not hijab." "You're wearing the hijab wrong." Sisters, and brothers as well, I've seen some do this, please, don't put her down in public like that. She wears hijab, alhamdulillah, that is a step towards Allah. Instead, encourage her or him to be better, "Sister, mashaAllah, you look good, but wallahi, so much better when you cover your chest." Or, remind them gently, "Sister, you look good, mashaAllah, but I hope you won't be offended, but the shirt looks a bit tight on you might I suggest something looser?"

And those who say, "You have no right saying that." "Who are you to say that? Haram police?" Listen, don't be too defensive about it. Their words are harsh but just take it this way, we are an ummah that should take care of each other, if you are being reminded, it shows that people around you still cares. Imagine a place where you can do whatever you want, things that are forbidden in the Qur'an & Sunnah, & the people around you just allowing you to do that, knowing you will be punished later on. I know some times people can be really offensive, but fighting back does not make it better nor them understand.

We are an ummah, don't let petty fights divide us, in fact, we shouldn't even be having petty fights. As Muslims, we should understand each other better, we should treat each other better, most importantly, we should be united with one another.

I won't make this post long, I don't like to rant so much, makes me sound cranky, LOL! (Don't you think?) I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post, if I have I do apologise with all my heart, I'm just trying to express my views, and my words are not out of spite, they come from a caring place.

Hopefully, we won't be seeing this happening anymore in the future :)

This is Cee signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment